14.2.10

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(Photo of Jamesy and I as R + J, taken by Sophie from Feb. 14th last year)

I'm a fence sitter on the issue of Valentine's Day. I’m not one of the people who each year creates the perfect outfit with touches of pink/red and has romantic rendezvous on ferris wheels, but neither am I one of the anti-Hallmark brigade and I don’t sit at home with my cat, eating take-out and icecream out of the tub, watching The Notebook and crying.

Okay so I did watch that movie on Valentine’s Day last year. And take-out and icecream were involved. And okay fine I admit there was a feline animal present. But I wasn’t alone, and there was no crying, I swear. Sorry Rachel McAdams, but I permanently associate you with Regina George. And anyone who pronounces bitch “bee-yatch” just doesn’t have the ability to make me shed tears. You understand.

But anyway. Valentines Day. I hate the colour pink. Overt PDA’s do sometimes make me want to throw my mobile phone at the culprits. If I wanted to see that I would watch a movie with a nicely filmed sex scene. At least then I would get good angles and the actors are usually attractive. Just saying.

Valentines Day does have its redeeming aspects though. Handmade cards from admirers are cute. I’ve only ever received ones from creepy guys, but they were still thoughtful… right? Roses and picnics have my seal of approval. Spending time with a special someone is always nice. But just FYI, if I receive chocolates, I will probably feed them to my brothers.

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day.



I Love You Always Forever - Donna Lewis

Love Is Like Oxygen - Electric Light Orchestra


Little Bit - Lykke Li

Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Sundress - Ben Kweller

I've Got You - Tegan and Sara

Nicest Thing - Kate Nash

Baby I Love You - Ramones

Take My Heart - SoKo

I Was Made For You - She & Him

No comments: